Pack Creation Regulations Jan 29, 2007 20:00:46 GMT -5
Post by Destination Darkness on Jan 29, 2007 20:00:46 GMT -5
Process of Creation
- Anyone can create a pack. Staff, newbies, respected members, anyone. A pack is just a group of Garou (or any other character species, for that matter) who have banned together in pursuit of a common goal.
- Though anyone can create a pack, do not go creating them left and right, willy nilly all over the place. Simply scroll through the packs that already exist and see if any of them are right for you.
- If you do think you're ready to start a pack, you must already have in mind at least two other creatures who would willingly back you in such a claim. Meaning, there must be at least two others already willing to join before your pack is even thought of. You can't just create a pack and wait for people to come to you, it doesn't work like that. One garou is simply not a pack.
- Please note that just because you started a pack does not automatically mean you will be the leader of said pack. Leaders and ranks are chosen by the group as a whole. The one who is most qualified will lead and the rest will follow.
- Your pack will be needing a Totem, or a guardian spirit who guides you and provides inspiration. Though the original W:tA had a list of totems, you can pretty much pick any animal you want to be your totem, it doesn't really matter.
- There aren't real set rules for joining a pack. Each pack has different requirements and ideals so be sure to follow the regulations set up by the pack you are trying to join.
- The only real set thing you should know is that joining a pack must be role-played out. You can't just pm the player and ask them. The "player" does not run the pack, the character does.
- All other regulations are determined by the pack leader. They have every right to deny your character entrance to the pack and may even attack your character simply for trying. Others will welcome your character with open arms. It's a free ball game.
- Though the social nature of packs mimics that of wolfen society, supernatural packs here on the site and normal, mortal wolf packs are not the same. Mainly, supernatural packs do not necessarily have a set territory. While they do have a certain area in which they spend most of their time and often lay claim to a particular location (like a building or a clearing) in which they are to meet each other sometimes, they do not have set boundaries or anything... though some do protect these make-shift territories with the tenacity of a wolf. Most, however, just let people pass through. It's a free country after all...
Process of Creation
- Create a thread in this board titled with the name of your pack. In it, include pack rules, requirements to join, a list of members, a totem spirit and what it represents (ie- Hawk: the keen-eyed spirit of war) and your packs' commonality 9basically, the thing that brought about it's creation, the goal all the members have in common and such).
- A staff member will come by and "stamp" the thread for approval.
- From that point on, you are expected to update that single thread with pack happenings, new members, totem guardians, territory and so on.